Being a mom means you have to make sacrifices. Some of these things are obvious, even before you have a baby. Other things aren’t! You don’t realize until after your babe is born how much you took for granted.
Here is a list if things I’ve sacrificed after having my baby!
- Long, hot showers
- Getting to wash your hair AND shave your legs during the same shower
- Blow drying/straighten your hair – these days, I let it air dry & take care of it the next day!
- Going to the bathroom with the door closed
- Going to the bathroom without an audience… some days I have the baby staring at me, some days it’s the dog. Sometimes it’s both!
- Drinking hot coffee! – I usually get to drink it while it’s hot if I chug it
- Eating a warm meal
- Taking my time to eat
- Eating at the same time as my husband
- Being anywhere on time… we’re usually late by a few minutes
- Doing my eye makeup. I could throw on my face makeup [foundation, brows, mascara] in 10 minutes, one handed, while holding Mackenzie
- A full nights sleep – Kenzie sleeps 10-12 hours straight through the night… but me? I’m up every hour to make sure she’s still breathing. I usually poke her lol
- Watching an hour tv show, in an hour. Some days, it takes my husband and I 3 hours to watch one tv show!
- “Doing my hair” is just me putting it up in a fun bun these days!